achieve credit union
We strive to help our members Learn, Dream and Achieve all of their life goals.
One of the cornerstones of the credit union movement is People Helping People. As part of our commitment to this philosophy, we participate in the following:
- Over Achievers: Through this program, ACHIEVE provides support to social service agencies. Several times each year, we invite members and staff to participate by donating items or funds to help local people in need.
- Financial Education/Financial Literacy: As an education-based credit union, we’re committed to providing members of all ages with the tools they need to meet their financial goals.
- School Levy Support: For every employee of a qualifying school district in Lorain County who signs up for Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction, we donate $2 to a fund that supports school levies. Requests for levy support may be made, in writing to our President & CEO, from either the school district’s treasurer or the levy campaign treasurer.
- Accessibility: ACHIEVE CU is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with ADA standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website to everyone. If you are using a screen-reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 440-324-3400. All products and services available on this website are available at all ACHIEVE branches.
Community minded individuals to fill Board and Associate Board of Director Positions
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A BOARD MEMBER
Board Position: Maintains the general direction and control of the credit union. This includes guiding the organization to fulfill its purpose; setting policies which guide the credit union; and ensuring those policies are properly implemented in accordance with the credit union charter, bylaws, all applicable federal and state laws, sound business practices and membership desires.
Associate Board Position: Associate Directors (Ads) will be non-voting members of the Board. ADs are encouraged to participate in board discussions, but will not vote on matters coming before the Board for action and may not attend Executive sessions of the Board.
Meetings are held on the Third Wednesday of the month at 4:30pm. Meetings are held at the Achieve Credit Union – 340 Griswold Rd. Elyria, Ohio 44035
Who Can Join?
ACHIEVE membership is open to:
- Anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in:
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Erie County, Ohio
- Lorain County, Ohio
- Medina County, Ohio
- Any retired educator of a Lorain County school, regardless of where you currently live
- An immediate family member* of an existing member, regardless of where you currently live
*Immediate family is defined as spouse, children, stepchildren, parents, stepparents, siblings, stepsisters, stepbrothers, grandparents, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, mother-in-law and father-in-law.
How To Become A Member:
- Stop in one of our Branch Locations
- An initial deposit of just $5 in a new Share Savings Account is required.
- Must provide two forms of current identification.
Once a Member, Always a Member: If you leave your place of employment or move from the area, you’ll remain a member as long as you maintain an active Share Savings Account. Click here to learn more about Shared Branching.
Visit their website at www.achievecu.org to learn more about this organization.