oberlin early childhood center
Our Vision – All children thrive!
Our Mission – Nurturing the healthy growth of young children.
- Respect – We view respect as the foundation of every relationship
- Diversity – We see diversity as recognizing and valuing the richness of differences.
- Collaboration – We collaborate to strengthen and optimize opportunities to achieve common goals.
- Access – We are committed to enhancing access to opportunities for children, families, and staff.
- Creativity – We believe that creativity empowers individuals and groups to reach their potential.
Community minded individuals interested in applying their skills to help guide our not-for-profit organization. Some of our current needs are those with professional and/or personal experience in areas that include finance, marketing, fundraising and grant writing. No prior board experience necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A BOARD MEMBER
Our board members are asked to participate in all board meetings and may be asked to work on a committee assigned to perform focused work. The average commitment is 3 hours monthly. In addition, we also like to have an annual, one-day retreat to review and update our strategic plan.
The board meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 6-8 PM. We have recently been meeting via ZOOM and plan to continue this style meeting for the time being.
Oberlin Early Childhood Center is a nationally accredited, not-for-profit, early care and education program that serves children from six weeks to kindergarten. Since 1968, we have been serving the families of the community by providing exemplary programming. We partner with and are supported by the City of Oberlin, Oberlin College, Nord Family Foundation, Nordson Corporation Foundation and many more organizations. These partnerships allow us to provide comprehensive programs to families of all income levels. Join us in our work to strengthen our community by making positive, long lasting impact on children, families, and our community partners.
Kristian Campana, Board Treasurer
Visit their website at www.oberlinearlychildhood.org to learn more about this organization.