pathways counseling & Growth center
Our multidisciplinary trained staff provide opportunities for individual, couple and family counseling. We work in collaboration with other community services in helping people reach their full potential. A volunteer board of directors provides governance of the agency. Our professional staff of licensed counselors delivers services to treat people with mental illness, doing so from a holistic (body, mind, and spirit) perspective. Services are designed for clients who function well enough to attend sessions on an outpatient basis. Referrals are made for emergencies or for needs that we deem are beyond the scope of our resources. Revenue for the organization is developed through donations, contracts, fees collected, and foundation grants. Pathways is ADA accessible.
Community minded professionals to serve on their talented Board of Trustees who are passionate about providing quality mental health services to adults and children in need. While always looking for dedicated members of varied talents, the current needs are for professionals with backgrounds in Marketing, Operations, Spiritual Care, Mental Health, or Healthcare. Pathway board members and the Executive Director are interested in in meeting with those qualified candidates to answer questions to ensure a good fit exists.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A BOARD MEMBER
Each Board member is expected to:
- Attend Board meetings as scheduled
- Offer expertise and support to the Executive Director, other Board members, and staff as needed
- Help Pathways achieve its mission of providing quality mental health services to residents of greater Lorain County
Meetings are held on Wednesday Mornings in the even numbered months from 8:00 to 9:00 am. There may be a special one-hour meeting from time to time to discuss strategic items and opportunities. Currently meetings are typically being held as virtual via Zoom.
- Pathways Counseling & Growth Center has been providing individual, couple, and group counseling, education, and consultation for residents of greater Lorain County since 1981. Clients include both adults and children.
- Pathways is a certified agency of the Ohio Department of Mental Health and is also certified by CARF (Council on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- Pathways is a member of the Mental Health Network of Lorain County.
- A paid professional staff of licensed counselors delivers services to treat people with mental illness, doing so from a holistic (body, mind, and spirit) perspective.
- Pathways works in collaboration with other community services including an office at El Centro in Lorain.
- Pathways provides 5,000 hours of counseling each year.
- Pathways Counseling & Growth Center is a non-profit, interdenominational organization.
Ruthie Lasecki, Executive Director
Visit their website at pathwayscounselingcenter.com to learn more about this organization.