- Rachel from the Class of 2017 and Jadera from the Class of 2012 volunteer as guest bartenders for our Annual Golf Outing
- Board Members Aaron (2014), Brian (2013), Roxanne (2012), Rob (2013) and Nick (2014) stop for a picture at DMG 2017
- "Best Class of 2017" Alum Julie, Patrick, Rachel, Parris and Justis volunteered for the Poverty Simulation facilitated for CRS in Avon Lake
Thirty three years ago, Leadership Lorain County was just an idea. This year, we welcome the “Best Class of 2017” - our 32nd class to graduate from the LLC
Signature Program. With each class, we continue to strengthen our community, develop leaders, and touch the lives of the community members of Lorain County.
Your membership makes Lorain County stronger
We have graduated over 1,100 leaders throughout the past 32 years. As this number grows, so do the benefits to our community and your list of business contacts and colleagues . Long after your initial experience with LLC, our alumni continue to look to LLC for information to further leadership development, build relationships, and serve professional and community service opportunities.
LLC is able to continue to offer a quality leadership
program thanks to your dedication and commitment to the organization through your annual membership. Your alumni membership helps to provide support for every current class member so that they can have the same quality experience you once enjoyed. We are asking that you continue your commitment again this year. Your valued support will help us reach our goal of $22,000 which directly assists us in producing the Signature Class experience.
As we look ahead, we are developing more and more
opportunities for our LLC members to connect with each other, as well as to continue to give back to the county. LLC is more that just “Alumni Status”, an
individual can choose from several levels of opportunities that will allow them to stay engaged; including program events like our Champions of Leadership Series, our Annual Golf Outing, our Difference Makers Gala, and the current Class
Induction Ceremony. We are offering additional items which include:
- An Annual Report Meeting to Membership
- Volunteer Opportunities (i.e. Poverty Simulation, Setting Up Youth for Success, Road Rally, Session Days, etc...)
- NEW** Encore Experience - an opportunity to come back and relive a Signature Class Session Day. Available to Bronze, Silver, and Gold Members. (Open to eight registrants on any given session day -
advanced registration required.)
- Alumni Directory (hard copy and electronic)
- Use of the LLC Conference Room (call 440-281-8556 to schedule)
Joan Samkow is a Leadership Lorain County class of 1995 graduate. She commented, "Not only was the LLC program educational, but created lasting friendships and professional connections that have endured for a lifetime."
Since leaving the Lorain County Board of Mental Health 3 years ago, Joan has been doing marketing, communications and graphic design consulting work. This has given her the freedom to pursue her passion for photography.
Joan continues to be actively involved in Lorain County as a consultant and volunteer. She has remained a firm supporter of LLC and encourages others to become involved with this outstanding organization. She recently entered the Medina County Art League’s Aquarius show and won first place. She was competing with over 100 other artists.
Watch for next month’s newsletter featuring another “Where Are They Now?” alumni update. If you are interested in being featured, please contact Chris at Chris@leadershiploraincounty.com.